HOW TO RENEW:
- Logon to your interlibrary loan account at http://library.dyc.edu/services/ill/
- Menu on the left, under View, select Checked Out Items
- Click on Transaction Number for desired item
- Under Transaction Information you will find information pertaining to your due date and whether renewals are allowed
- If renewals are allowed, click on the Renew Request link at the top
It is your responsibility to check renewal dates and return items on time. Renewals are granted by the lending library, not DYC.
Using Interlibrary Loan
Click on the link below to view short tutorial.
Checking Montante Library for Full Text
Click on the link below to view a short tutorial.
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary loan or ILL is a reciprocal arrangement between libraries whereby resources are shared. Almost any kind of resource can be shared. For the purposes of most students this includes books, book chapters and articles.
How do I use Interlibrary Loan?
When Should I Use Interlibrary Loan?
You should use interlibrary loan whenever the Montante Library does not own a book or the rights to access the full text of an article.
What is available to borrow?
- Most requests are filled within 3-5 business days
- You will be notified via your DYC email account when your journal article is available to access electronically from your ILL account
- The article becomes your property; articles in your ILL account expire after 30 days, therefore you should save a copy as soon as possible
- Most requests are filled within 7-10 business days
- You will be notified via your DYC email account when your book is available for pickup at the Research Desk on the 1st floor
- Items are usually loaned for a period of 3-4 weeks
- Books and non-print materials must be returned to the Research Desk on the 1st floor
- Items will not be mailed to patrons
What is NOT available to borrow?
- Special collection items, such as test files, videos, DVDs, computer files and reference books are very difficult to obtain via ILL
- Items from international lenders are not available for borrowing
- NON-English items, such as articles in foreign language journals, are not able to be translated
Policy on Borrowing Textbooks
The Montante Family Library strongly discourages students from requesting textbooks through Interlibrary Loan. In most cases, requests for textbooks are not filled by other libraries. If they are filled, the requests usually take longer than 10 days to be processed. Additionally, it is rare for a student who receives a textbook via Interlibrary Loan to have the book for the entire semester. Please speak with a librarian if you have questions.